8/19/08

No! I Don't Want to Join a Book Club by Virginia Ironside
This novel is about a 60 year old, long divorced woman who's about to turn 60. She's accepting about being "old" and isn't buying into the whole "sixty years YOUNG" idea that her other friends are spouting. The story is set in England and when I read it, I imagine the accents--quite fun! This is an adorable book and perfect for Dayni who's terrified of getting older . . .

I'm almost done reading now and the character has given up sex, is obsessed with her adorable grandson and has a close, sarcastic gay friend who's dying of lung cancer. In my head she's got the voice of Judy Dench.

1 comment:

carolyn said...

Your funny. Eat your fruits and veggies. Antioxidants, help slow age. You can feel calm while munching on yer plants :)

Now, you'll still be aging in time, but that just means you'll be wise and good lookin'.