5/2/08

Palindromania! by Jon Agee
This comic book full of palindromes is completely awesome! Plus I learned a new word: Aibohphobia, which means a fear of palindromes. Notice anything wonderfully spectacular about the word? YES! Aibohphobia is itself a palindrome. The word geek in me is going nuts. OK, back to the book . . . The pictures are really funny, for instance there's "gnu sung" which pictures a gnu going la-la-la-la-la-la-l :o) This is one of my favorite books that I've read all year. It's super duper fun!

I Don't Want to Talk About It by Jeanie Franz Ransom
In this picture book, a young girl must face her fears as her parents announce their divorce. The painted illustrations don't really strike me, but that may be on purpose so that the reader focuses more on the words in the story.

No comments: